Coach Heldt's Notes

Monday, December 12, 2011

Break Time Over

Alright, so I took way too long a break from updating this blog. I took some time to adjust to not coaching a team this season. I'm still getting the hang of this "retirement". Being in the stands is no picnic, I try to filter out a lot of the noise and watch the game. It's amazing how many completely opposing viewpoints there are - and that's just for one team. Most of my attention has been on my youngest son's lacrosse saga. Tyler is a very good lacrosse player. He is a pretty good hockey player too, but this year it's all lacrosse. He's taken his game to a new level as he's grown bigger, faster, stronger, and wiser. He's been scouted, and some very good colleges are interested in him, His grades are good, and he knows how to channel everything he learned on the ice to the field. Having two older brothers to keep up with helps too. He's only a junior this year, but already a veteren on the school varsity team. I'm not sure which college he will choose yet, but he's got time to decide. We'll see how it goes. It's now time for me to re-think my focus on the ice. Both sports will remain my main focus on this blog. Both sports still provide a lot of positives for all who participate. The grey area has always been "where can and where will" the sport take you after youth level; juniors, college, the pros? How about life? From playing in the driveway to under the bright lights, there's a lot of great hockey and lacrosse, and a lot of great players - well known, and not so well known.

No comments: