Coach Heldt's Notes

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Ice and rain in the analog world.

Back at the rink as a cold rainy night temperature slowly drops. There could be snow or there could be ice by the time the next game is over and we have to head home. The Leafs just beat the Caps on their home ice on my TV. I chose to wear my red cap to the local rink tonight to watch my youngest son play a game. It might have seemed like a bad choice, but I like the hat, and it's raining. I've enjoyed watching more Toronto games then I normally would in a season. Growing up in the North you saw a lot of them on Hockey Night in Canada whether you wanted to or not. I must be getting too nostalgic because I miss the old format over the air on my old 13 inch black and white tv my parents bought me for Christmas one year. It made one appreciate color tv long before digital or HD changed everything. No matter how good the technology gets its hard to beat sitting in the stands at your lical rink watching a local team play. It's not the Leafs or Caps on the ice here in this old rink, but it's kind of nice.

No comments: