Coach Heldt's Notes

Monday, August 20, 2012

67s mobile here we go

So the season gets delayed or canceled. Not good, but maybe a good year to see what one of my favorite teams is up to. The 67s were and still are one of my favorite teams outside of college and the NHL. Now following them through the season is easier than ever with ottawa67s.com mobile site. I still remember picking up a 67s jersey for my oldest boy in  Canadian Tire in Brockville Ontario just after a game. He needed a bigger jersey for practice that fit over his goalie gear.

That was a long time ago, and wearing a 67s jersey to practice was pretty cool. Not many young players south of the Border (US side of Thousand Islands bride and all points south of the 104 ) had ever seen such a thing. (kind of looked like the Cat in the Hat design) He followed that one up with a Team Canada jersey, oh but that's another story.  Anyways, I'll probably get back to following more Canadian hockey if the season gets hosed in negotiations. Yes I am a Ranger fan, but I did enjoy seeing the Jets back on the ice. That I'll miss a little. In the US it'll be college and USA minor hockey, for northward it'll be juniors. There'll still be hockey somewhere. Hey, I might even catch another Liverpool game this season, after all they have an orange jersey !

No comments: